Bull Home Improvement provides high quality home improvement, renovation and remodeling services in New Caanan CT 06801, including:
- Home Remodeling and Home Addition
- Bathroom Remodeling and Bathroom Renovation
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Basement Remodeling and Basement Renovation
- Home Improvement Contractor
- Siding and Exteriors
- Addition to homes
- Green Home Building
- Ice Damming
We offer a full range of services, from your basic home improvement needs, to full renovation, remodeling, additions and new homes. This includes Kitchens, Bathrooms, Finished Basements, Decks/Outdoor Living Spaces as well as General Home Repairs and Maintenance. With Bull Home Improvement you can have a healthier, more energy efficient and comfortable home than you ever dreamed. Whether you want to start with a major Green Renovation or a gradual step by step approach we can help ensure you get the best for your family each step of the way.
For your convenience we offer free in house consultations on nights and weekends.
Why You Should Choose Bull Home Improvement For Home Repairs in New Caanan, CT
Many homes, both new and old have hidden structural problems.
Historic buildings often have a much higher level of craftsmanship put into their construction but usually these homes did not have the benefit of more modern materials and techniques. Brand new homes can have structural damage because of a lack of craftsmanship. Sometimes builders would skimp on materials in a large development to save money or make last minute changes to the floor plan during construction that would move a key support for the floor above.
Some damage may be obvious, but damage that is not clearly visible may cause problems as well. Here are some simple steps to see if you need structural repairs to your home.
1. Look at your home from a distance. Is everything straight and square? Are there bows, bulges or waves in the roof? The roof is a very good indicator of the possible structural damage. If the ridge sags either in the center or at the ends, the load-bearing walls may have shifted.
2. Use a carpenter’s level to check the walls to verify that they are vertical and straight.
3. Inspect your home for cracks. Look at the walls and foundation both inside and out. Are the cracks wider at one end than the other? What direction does the crack go? Has the crack grown over the years?
4. Look for humps and dips around the home. Does the floor bounce or shake? Test this by jumping up and down and notice what you see.
5. Test all of your windows and doors. Do they all operate freely without binding or gaps when closed?
For home stability questions, we here at Bull Home Improvement will gladly answer them for you. While our specialties include kitchens, bathrooms and additions, we have lots of experience correctly diagnosing structural problems and repairing them. We’ve done structural repair on historic buildings as well as more modern building that were not built right in the first place.